The fast-track life of today makes it impossible for anyone to focus on their health. In the race for success, we hardly have time to look after our health. We are constantly on the move. And on the move, we usually have little time to spare and look after our food habits. We prefer the ready-to-eat food options that are quick to cook or the readily available and ubiquitous fast food. It saves us a considerable amount of time. But at the same time, we end up ingesting a lot of calories and cholesterol in our body. So the challenge for us is to either manage our daily routines in a way that we have time to cook fresh and healthy food that is good for our health and body, or we find a simple yet healthy way to lose those extra calories that we are ingesting day in and day out.
What is Yacon Syrup?
Well, this miraculous syrup is one brilliant option to counter this challenge of maintaining a healthy body. It is made of the Smallanthus sonchifolius plant – the Yacon plant, found on the Andes Mountains of Southern America (in Bolivia, Brazil, Peru etc.). The syrup is extracted from the tuberous roots of the plant. The tuberous root of the Yacon plant is a soluble fiber. The syrup is obtained by distilling and evaporating the juice of the tuber. It tastes sweet, and some may say that the taste is similar to maple syrup. Others may compare its taste with caramel. This is extensively used as a sweetener and those who get hold of it completely substitute sugar with this syrup. This is because when consumed, most of it passes the body undigested. Also, half of it consists of FOS (fructo-oligosaccharides) which is also present in onions, ginger etc. but not as much as it is present in Yacon. This miraculous syrup works in an exceptional way, but it should also be kept in mind that other necessary steps to stay healthy and fit like exercise, diet regulation etc. are also necessary. For best results this syrup should be taken as a supplement and not a substitute.
Some important facts related to regular intake of Yacon
Yacon syrup has been widely acclaimed by both health professionals and customers. When you take Yacon syrup on a regular basis, it helps in suppressing your appetite. On the one hand, you are not eating as much as earlier. This means that your body has lesser calories to process and burn. The deficit is covered by burning the stored calorie reserves of your body. This subsequently leads to increased rate of metabolism and reduction in weight. Fat and carbohydrate stored in your body is now burned at a faster rate resulting in weight loss. Appetite suppression and increasing metabolic rate are two approaches which when undertaken simultaneously can help in significant positive results. Taking this syrup on a daily basis also helps you to completely reboot your body. Apart from helping in proper digestion, it also helps in maintaining a healthy metabolic rate. The net result is a reconditioned system whereby after taking yacon for a long period, your body gets used to rejecting excess calories and absorbing only those nutrients that it needs. This in turn helps in maintaining a healthy body over a long period. There are some side-effects of taking this syrup in large quantities. Higher dosage may lead to flatulence and bloating. So, only recommended doses must be taken. One must always ensure that a product suits one’s body. If there are any unwanted side effects then one must immediately stop the intake of yacon syrup.
What are the benefits of taking Yacon Syrup?
Yacon syrup, as discussed, should be taken as a supplement rather than as a substitute. There are many benefits of taking Yacon Syrup on a regular basis. Apart from weight reduction, the top benefits of taking yacon are as follows:
- High Fiber Content – For people who have digestion related problems such as indigestion, constipation, irregular and painful bowel movements etc. fiber is considered as an important dietary component. People usually are not mindful or aware of the amount of fiber they should consume in their diets. Fiber helps in easing out such troubles related to digestion. This syrup unlike other natural sweeteners has a lot of fiber. Yacon syrup can be of immense help in this regard, as adequate and regular consumption can help in relieving digestion related stress.
- Helps in lowering cholesterol levels as well as blood sugar levels – Yacon syrup is of immense help for diabetics. It has a potential use as a sweetener, and can be therefore used as an alternative for sugar. It does not have any side-effects. It can be used as a sweetener by diabetics in their daily tea or coffee. Therefore, it helps in reducing the level of glucose in the blood. Additionally, this syrup also has properties that help in lowering the cholesterol levels amongst its regular users.
- Increases bone density – In old age many people suffer from degenerative bone ailments such as arthritis, osteoporosis, scoliosis etc. These diseases are usually combated using a variety of calcium supplements or milk products. Yacon syrup is also helpful in this regard, and if taken regularly it can help in increasing the bone density. It helps in delaying the onset of such bone related ailments by fortification of the bones, particularly the spine.
- Improves the functioning of immune system – The functioning of the immune system is very important. The immune system acts as a first line of defense against any external infection or threat. Since we eat unhealthy most of the times, the effectiveness of the immune system may be compromised thereby making us vulnerable to infections. The syrup also helps in boosting our immune system. It helps in protecting our body to defend us against any diseases or infections.
- Increased energy levels – One of the added benefits of taking yacon syrup is that it provides energy to people who are low on energy during the day or are generally lethargic.